W. Barclay Bradshaw, CPA
1st term, expires June 30, 2015
Barclay graduated from the University of Richmond in 1977 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 1979. He holds CPA licenses in Virginia and North Carolina.
From 1977 to 1991 Barclay was with Deloitte & Touche (Gary, Stosch, Walls & Company through January 1988) as a staff accountant, senior accountant and senior manager. From 1991 to the present Barclay has served as a shareholder with L.P. Martin & Company, a public accounting firm in Richmond, Virginia.
Barclay has approximately 35 years of public accounting experience, with both national and Central Virginia firms. He has major audit and tax responsibilities in the real estate and not-for-profit client practices. His experience includes providing service to voluntary health and welfare organizations, foundations, religious organizations and a variety of other similar organizations. Barclay has also served a variety of construction-related entities as well as multifamily housing projects. In addition, he has provided audit services to private and governmental organizations in compliance with the audit requirements of HUD, VHDA, FTA and OMB.
Barclay’s professional and civic activities include:
- Member and Past President of the Richmond chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants;
- Member and Past Vice-Chair of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants;
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants;
- Past CPA Section Campaign Chairman of the United Way of Greater Richmond;
- Past President of the University of Richmond Robins School of Business Alumni Association;
- Elder and Treasurer of Three Chopt Presbyterian Church;
- Past Board Member and Treasurer of Pine Run Community Association; and
- Recognized as Super CPA 2002 through 2011 in Virginia Business Magazine.