Stephanie S. Saunders, CPA
2nd term, expires June 30, 2020
From 1981 to the present, Stephanie Saunders, CPA, has served as a shareholder with Saunders & Saunders, PC, in Virginia Beach. From 1975 to 1981, she was the Tax Manager with Price Waterhouse (merged with Waller & Woodhouse in 1980).
In 1975, she earned a Bachelor of Science with a Business Administration concentration in Accounting from Old Dominion University. While in school, she was named Student Senator for the School of Business, Student Representative to the Board of Visitors and Panhellenic President.
Saunders holds memberships in the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Ethics Discussion Leader, VSCPA, 2004 to present
- Committee member, AICPA Strategic Planning Committee, 2006 to 2009
- Council member, AICPA, 2001 to 2008
- Past chair, VSCPA Educational Foundation, 2008 to 2010
- Vice chair, VSCPA Educational Foundation, 2006 to 2007
- Past chair, VSCPA, 2002 to 2003
- Past President, Tidewater Chapter of VSCPA, 1996 to 1997
- Past President, Norfolk Chapter of American Society of Women’s Accountants
- Past committee member, Federal Taxation Committee, Disclosures
- Board member, VSCPA, 1996 to 2003
- Virginia Business Magazine, Super CPA, 2006 to 2011
- Past committee member, Old Dominion University Accounting Fundraising Committee
- Past member, Old Dominion University Accounting Advisory Committee
- Past chairman, St. Mark’s Catholic Church Finance Council
- Past member, Catholic High School Steering Committee
- Past member, Catholic High School Auction Acquisition & Sponsorship Committees
- Speaker, “Understanding Taxes”, Personal Finance Institute ODU Center for Economic Education
- Financial Fitness Instructor, VSCPA
- LPGA Committee Chairman, Crestar Farm Fresh Classic
Interests and Activities
Saunders enjoys golf, skiing and reading.
Saunders' family includes her husband, Tim, and daughters, Jennifer, Sarah and Kelly.