The VBOA cannot refer or recommend a CPA or CPA firm but recommends these resources:
CPAs often use a contract known as an engagement letter. The engagement letter defines the legal relationship between the CPA and client by including the following:
- What services will be performed?
- When the services will be completed?
- What is expected of the client and CPA?
- How much will be charged?
- Signatures of parties involved
It is encouraged to keep a copy of the letter so when questions arise the letter will be a useful resource. The engagement letter should be updated when services or fees change.
Refer to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct for guidance regarding these topics.