The Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA) cannot refer or recommend a CPA or CPA firm. The VBOA recommends these resources:
CPAs often use a contract known as an 'engagement letter'. The engagement letter defines the legal relationship between the CPA and client by including the following:
- What services will be performed.
- When the services will be completed.
- What is expected of the client and CPA.
- How much will be charged.
- Signatures of parties involved.
Keep a copy of the letter. When questions come up, the engagement letter is a useful resource. When services or fees change, the engagement letter should be updated.
Refer to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct for guidance.